get into ketosis in less than 60 minutes, click here!
We've been on a serious Asian food kick lately, and it's not always easy to go low carb with Asian food. There are so many noodles and sauces and a lot of times hidden sugar. Not to mention the MSG and gluten which often leaves me with a headache and feeling bloated. This chow mein recipe hit the spot and left me feeling great!
Feel free to play around with the ingredients and add/subtract as you'd like!
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 pound organic chicken (or any protein you'd like to use)
- 1 onion, chopped
- A few stalks of celery, chopped into small pieces
- 3-4 eggs, scrambled
- Small piece of ginger, grated
- Liquid or Coconut Aminos (Use coconut aminos if you are following Whole 30)
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bag of cole slaw mix (I use the Trader Joe's organic bag -it has shredded cabbage and carrots)
- Shredded zucchini (optional - I had this laying around and needed to use it)
- Optional: 1 tbls organic raw honey - if you're feeling a little adventurous; remember, honey is NOT Whole 30
- Cook spaghetti squash until you can pierce with a fork. I bake whole at 375 and start at 35-40 min and go from there.
- In a large cast iron skillet, I add the onion, garlic, cole slaw veggies, celery, ginger and cook in butter until softened a little. I add the zucchini at the end so it does't get mushy. If you are adding honey, throw that in with your aminos to coat the veggies.
- Cook chicken and cut into bit sizes. I usually season with salt, pepper, and maybe a little chili powder for some kick.
- Once spaghetti squash is cooked, shred with fork and put into a large bowl. Add in chicken, veggies and scrambled egg and mix together. Add additional aminos as needed.