Ketosis in less than 60 minutes! Here's How!
Who doesn't love cinnamon rolls?? My only tip is that you MUST heat up the cinnamon rolls before you eat them if you aren't eating them fresh out of the oven! A few minutes in the toaster oven or 20 seconds in the microwave will bring these cinnamon rolls back to life and tasting as goo as they did out of the oven. :)
These aren't zero net carbs, so be sure to check the approximate nutrition facts at the bottom and budget your carbs wisely!
Cinnamon Roll Ingredients:
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 3/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 tbls Cream Cheese, plus 1 tbls Cream Cheese softened
- 1 tbls Sweetner (Xylitol, Swerve or Stevia)
- 3 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbls Butter
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese (1/2 of an 8 oz. package)
- 2 tbls Heavy Cream
- 2 tbls Sweetner (Xylitol, Swerve or Stevia)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat Oven to 350 F
- Combine mozzarella cheese and 3 tbls cream cheese and melt in a double boiler or in the microwave. Stir in coconut flour, baking powder, sweetener and cinnamon until smooth.
- Add the egg and massage the dough until fully mixed in
- Place dough on parchment paper and roll out into a large rectangle. This dough isn't perfect so it may be oddly shaped, but do your best.
- Mix the softened butter and additional 1 tbls cream cheese. Melt if needed as it needs to be easily spreadable. Spread the mixture all over the dough.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of cinnamon and sweetener over the butter/cream cheese mixture.
- Roll up the dough (see photo below)
- Use a serrated knife to cut the dough into cinnamon rolls
- Place in a round cake pan lined with parchment paper. (see photo below)
- Bake rolls for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and done in the middle.
- While rolls are baking, combine the heavy cream, cream cheese, sweetener and vanilla with a hand mixer for the frosting.
- After the cinnamon rolls are done, wait a few minutes, and then put globs of frosting on top and spread over the top. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Let rolls cool slightly before eating.
APPROXIMATE NUTRITION FACTS BASED ON 16 CINNAMON ROLLS (PER ROLL)
- FAT - 10G
- SUGAR- 0.75G
- NET CARBS- 2G
COMPARED TO CINNABON MINI CINNAMON ROLL
- FAT - 15G
- PROTEIN- 5G
- SUGAR - 23G
- CARBS- 51G