Quickest Way To Ketosis! Click here!
We're always look to recreate our favorite sweet treats into lower carb and no sugar versions. These chocolate donuts are UNBELIEVABLY delicious. By the way, they are GLUTEN FREE, GRAIN FREE and FLOUR FREE! WHAT?!
I used a 6 donut pan, so these are some decent sized donuts. One is plenty! If you're looking for something smaller, use a mini donut pan! Just adjust the cooking time to be a little less and check with a tooth pick until it comes out clean.
- 1/2 Rounded Cup of Lily's Dark Chocolate Chips (1/2 of a 9 oz bag)
- 12 Tablespoons Kerrygold Grassfed Butter
- 2/3 Cup Organic Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 Cup Sweetener (Xylitol, Swerve or Stevia)*
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 5 Pasture-Raised Eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F
- Melt chocolate and butter together using a double boiler. I don't have a double boiler so I use a metal bowl on top of a saucepan.
- Stir in cocoa powder, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Remove from heat and use an electric hand mixer to mix in the eggs. The consistency will be like a cake batter.
- Grease donut pan with coconut oil. Pour batter into donut pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes (toothpick will come out clean. Start with 8 minutes and check each minute after that as ovens vary).
- Let cool before removing donuts from the pan.
This recipe yields 12 donuts, so it was 2 rounds in the oven.
Frosting Ingredients: (Frosting is Optional - These donuts are DELICIOUS without it!)
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tbls Sweetener (Xylitol, Swerve or Stevia)*
- Shredded, unsweetened coconut
- Use a hand mixer to combine cream cheese, vanilla and sweetener.
- Spread on donuts and sprinkle shredded coconut to top.
Store donuts in refrigerator. Pop in the microwave for about 20 seconds before eating and they will taste JUST as good as they did straight out of the oven!
*I personally prefer xylitol, but any of these options are just the same! Xylitol is actually beneficial for dental health as well...so there's that!